- Do you have to bring your dog (or own a dog) to attend Dog Walk?
- Do I have to be a registered participant to come?
- I’m not sure my registration went thorough. Can you tell me how I can tell it was submitted?
- When registering online, it asks for my email. Does Dogs for the Deaf sell my email to others?
- What happens if it rains the day of Dog Walk?
- Can I Volunteer for the event?
- Can children under 12 be a part of my Pack?
- How many dogs can I bring?
- Can I use a flexilead?
- Why do I need to turn in my donations by 10 a.m. Friday, May 29?
- I received a donation after the event. Can I turn that in?
- I’m not sure my dog can walk one (1) mile. Do I have to go on the walk? What is the route?
- I want to participate in the Poker Card Walk. Where will I get my score card stamped this year?
- I have a friend who does not have a computer. Can they register by mail or by phone?
- Can I buy more t-shirts than the one that comes with the registration or just buy a shirt?
- Can I have more than one Poker Score Card to increase my odds of winning?
1. Do you have to bring your dog (or own a dog) to attend Dog Walk?
No. It is not required that you bring a dog to attend (and many people do come without their four-legged friends) but we certainly encourage those who do have dogs and would like to bring them to do so. There is a lot for you and your dog to do at the Dog Walk. We have dog demonstrations, activities for you and your dog to participate in (walking route, pet photos, pet contests, etc.) and many vendors, sponsors and exhibits to visit. It's a fun-filled day. Join us!
2. Do I have to be a registered participant to come?
We would like you to register and support Dogs for the Deaf. Your registration fee helps us pay for Dog Walk and the proceeds from the event help us rescue more dogs and help people in need. Registration includes:
T-shirt, doggie bandana, lunch, beverages, one (1) raffle ticket, poker playing card (must be 18), goodie bag, one (1) photo at DFD photo booth, Rogue Canine Agility Demo and all contest activities.
3. I’m not sure my registration went thorough. Can you tell me how I can tell it was submitted?
Once you have completed the online registration process, you should receive an email confirming your online registration. We are using FirstGiving to manage our online fundraising and event registration. When you register for the event, you will receive an automated email from FirstGiving with details about the event. Please check your junk or spam folder to ensure it’s not there.
If you have not received an email, then your registration was not submitted. Due to different internet speeds, some registrations will “time out” and you will not receive your confirmation. If this has occurred, please try to submit your registration. If you continue to have problems, please contact Bonnie Chirrick at 541-826-9220 and she can assist you by taking your registration over the phone.
4. When registering online, it asks for my email. Does Dogs for the Deaf sell my email to others?
NO, we do NOT sell any of your information to anyone.
5. What happens if it rains the day of Dog Walk?
The Dog Walk still goes on—rain or shine! Please dress appropriately and bring an umbrella if it looks as though it might rain. Typically, it is cool in the early morning then it gets sunny. It’s a good idea to wear a hat, bring sunscreen and wear comfortable walking shoes.
6. Can I Volunteer for the event?
We do have volunteer opportunities available. Please contact Bonnie Chirrick prior to the day of the event at 541-826-9220.
7. Can children under 12 be a part of my Pack?
Yes, you can have as many Pack members as you like, but we ask that you have a least four (4) paid registered participants. Children under 16 should be accompanied by an adult.
8. How many dogs can I bring?
For the safety of all participants, we ask that there are no more than two (2) dogs per adult walker.
9. Can I use a flexilead?
For the safety of all participants, no flexileads or leashes over 6 ft. long are allowed.
10. Why do I need to turn in my donations by 10 a.m. Friday, May 29?
We need a day to review all the donations to determine who our top fundraisers are so that we can award our great prizes the day of the event. You can turn in donations at the event, but we won’t have the time to include them in the prize contest.
11. I received a donation after the event. Can I turn that in?
Yes. We will always accept donations. We just won’t be able to count them towards the prize contest.
12. I’m not sure my dog can walk one (1) mile. Do I have to go on the walk? What is the route?
The walk is optional. We have changed the walk to be much shorter than last year and are using some paths that you will find very dog friendly. Please see our website for the map (which we also improved). We will have maps available the day of the event and we will have volunteer staff on the walk to point you in the right direction.
13. I want to participate in the Poker Card Walk. Where will I get my score card stamped this year?
The Poker Walk stops will be at the Jacksonville Elementary School and on the way to the Pheasant Meadows Park. The round trip route is about one (1) mile. We also changed the game so there are three chances to win.
14. I have a friend who does not have a computer. Can they register by mail or by phone?
Yes. To register by phone, please call Bonnie Chirrick during business hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.,
541-826-9220 or 1-800-990-3647. To register by mail, please call and ask for one of our Dog Walk Brochures and we can mail one to you.
15. Can I buy more t-shirts than the one that comes with the registration or just buy a shirt?
Yes. See http://www.dogsforthedeaf.org/product/dog-walk-t-shirtto order additional shirts for $10. To keep expenses to a minimum, t-shirts are ordered in advance. Please place your order by May 8th. We will have a very limited quantity available after May 8th, but cannot guarantee a shirt. Please wear your Dog Walk T-shirt at the event.
16. Can I have more than one Poker Score Card to increase my odds of winning?
Yes. See http://www.dogsforthedeaf.org/product/dog-walk-poker-card. You will receive one scorecard with your paid registration. You can buy additional cards for $10 each. Oregon gaming rules require participants in the poker game to be at least 18 years.