Thank you for visiting our Careers page!
Mission Statement: Dogs for the Deaf's mission is to professionally train dogs to help people and enhance lives while maintaining a lifelong commitment to all dogs we rescue or breed, and all people we serve.
Core Values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Compassion, Service, Professionalism
Dogs for the Deaf is currently recruiting for an
Integral member of the Finance team, who performs specialized, technically advanced accounting, budgetary work and other financially related tasks to support the Finance Director in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Department. Leads, mentors and supports accounting assistants and clerical staff.
Provides timely and accurate financial information to employees, finance team and finance director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Accounting operations and Month-end close.
- Responsible for General ledger account reconciliations, Journal entry postings and report generation.
- Reconciliation of operational bank accounts and monitoring of available funds balances.
- Prepare a variety of straightforward special and recurring accounting-related reports, summaries, financial statements, statistical reports and reconciliation.
- Perform or review specialized calculations related to posting and accounting functions.
- Cross train for Payroll to execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll system – reconcile variances prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Support, mentor and coordinate activities of accounting assistants and clerical staff.
- Manage the Inventory process including mentoring and coordinating activities of staff and associated duties.
- Annual Budget preparations and Annual Audit preparation support.
- Solves problems and recommends changes in procedures in accordance with previous training and experience to enhance efficiencies and internal controls.
- Back-up/alternate support for accounts payable when necessary
- Special projects and tasks assigned by the finance director.
Education: BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in senior level accounting.
- Strong work ethic.
- Love and respect of dogs.
- Solid Knowledge of GAAP, Accrual Accounting, Audit preparation, Fixed Asset accounting, Budget preparation and current accounting practices.
- Initiative, effective problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding Interpersonal & Communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; work independently with minimal supervision.
- Recognition of the importance of documentation and proven ability to maintain accurate records
- Maintain high level of integrity, confidentiality, ethical standards - assumes personal responsibility for scope of position.
- Strong computer skills including: MS Office Suite, Modular Accounting systems, POS systems.
- Advanced Accounting/Budget/Payroll technical knowledge
- Instructional/training/mentoring skills
- Possess broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
No phone calls, please. Please send resume and cover letter to:
Dogs for the Deaf, Inc.
10175 Wheeler Road,
Central Point, OR 97502
Dogs for the Deaf is currently recruiting for
CERTIFIED HEARING DOG and/or SERVICE DOG TRAINERS
Please click on the link below to review the full job announcement for Certified Assistance Dog Trainers for Hearing Dogs and/or Service Dogs:
CERTIFIED ASSISTANCE DOG TRAINER INFORMATION BROCHURE - Click to view
This is a continuous open recruitment. However, for first consideration, please apply ASAP by sending cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (866) 244-1423
For questions, please contact our recruiter at:
(541) 858-0376 direct or (866) 929-WBCP toll free
Currently there are no other job openings at Dogs for the Deaf. Periodically check this page as any job openings will be posted here.
We keep all employment applications on file for 6 months.
Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.